Re: [school-discuss] EduML/EML/ and others

> However, I would think that the demands of a Gradebook are quite well taken
> care of by a normal SQL database. Some fields of records could be encoded
> in XML, but generally it takes someone with talent to do this. One can
> easily do the import/export into/from the database.
Indeed, having the data in an SQL database can make
reporting and aggregating and ... a lot simpler - the sql db
will often do all the work for you.  That being said,
designing the SQL database around an XML format would be a
Good Thing(tm) IMO for data exchange between
programs/institutions/people.

--
Daniel Dent    |

char number_of_bugs; // *No-one* needs more than 256 bugs. Don't be silly.