Re: [school-discuss] How to present Linux to schools

This is good.  The interests expressed locally in North Carolina to Red
Hat have been mostly cost oriented, so be prepared to answer questions
related to total cost of ownership, licensing, how much volunteers would
cost and what they would able to provide, and where Linux companies make
their money.

I think the best thing to do is to be up front and honest about what is
going to be entailed by a transition.  Make sure they understand that
the companies/volunteers will also be available for training, support,
and administrative help.  One of the things I'm going to be working hard
on here is making sure that the schools don't feel like we're tossing
them to the wolves, giving them Linux and then abandoning them on their
own to deal with it.

Has anyone developed a template for a transition plan?  Matching Win32
applications to Linux applications?  What works on Wine and what
doesn't?  Future plans for various pieces of software?  Explaining that
Macs can be included too?

Matt

--
Matt Drew