[school-discuss] moving along with changing dependencies

Am Sam, 2002-04-27 um 15.06 schrieb Matt Jezorek:
> It is compiled with gcc 3.0 and depends on lib_gcc_s.so.2 i believe it is.
> which is why it segfaults
> On 27 Apr 2002, Dennis Heuer wrote:

You point to a great issue which project leaders should really care
about. Who can always move same quick like the distributors? Do
(especially) schools have problems with that. Or are they all updating
as quick as possible? That's quite expensive, I believe. Should there be
a list on the net which shows what configurations (only the essentials
like glibc, gcc etc.) project leaders must expect on the computers of
their users? Maybe creating a test-suite is possible?

Dennis
dh@onclick.org