Re: [school-discuss] Pittsburgh's YOUTH Technology Summit, first baby steps in plans

Dear Mark,

Quoting Mark Rauterkus <Mark@Rauterkus.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> New professional buddies are folks in a small firm, Alpha Chimp Studios,
> http://www.AlphaChimp.Com, in our town, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. The two
> principals agree to host a meeting for the planning (instgation and
> aggitation) for a new regional event, a YOUTH Technology Summit.

Sounds like a great idea. You're the one with the Youth Technology Summit
vision, so go for it. Perhaps others can follow your example in their own
communities.

> Pittsburgh doesn't have a YOUTH Technology Summit, but I've heard of them
> (and similar styled happenings) in other markets.
>
> At the meeting next week we'll strive to issue joint "press releases." One
> from myself and one from their company. Perhaps we could get in a plug for
> Schoolforge.Net too. (???)

I'm sure no one would be against you promoting the goals of Schoolforge as you
see fit and using the words on the main site.

> Questions:
>     - How does one get "press release" okays?
>     - What should be the content of the "press release?"

Anything pertaining to particular members should be cleared by those members, of
course. Otherwise, whatever you do as a member of schoolforge that promotes our
common goals is probably ok? You could post your press release on
news.schoolforge.net, too.

Comments from anyone else?

>     I'm thinking I'd like to get two paragraphs for a release for next
> week.
> I'll ponder it some more. Reactions welcomed.

David

--
http://www.iteachnet.org
http://members.iteachnet.org/webzine *