[school-discuss] Welcome Schoolforge - UK to Schoolforge Membership

Dear Chris Puttick,

Welcome to Schoolforge!

As the first group to set up a "local" Schoolforge chapter, we would like to
send our congratulations and thanks to you and your group. I think this
development could inspire our the rest of us to see ourselves as Schoolforge
groups (without needing to change our names) that should act as educationally
focused LUGS, having meetings and such, as well as to inspire others to form
their own local Schoolforge chapters.

At any rate ...

We look forward to working with you to foster free and open resources for education.

Let me list the basic requirements of membership:

First, you must join, if you haven't already, Schoolforge-discuss. You can do so
at http://schoolforge.net/sfdiscuss.php.

Seondly, you must participate in the discussions. We are all busy, but we are
all doing our best to collaborate wherever possible.

Third, take advantage of the Schoolforge membership and promote our common cause
and introduce them to the local and
global resources available.

Fourth, and this is important as it is the only tangible public evidence of your
willingness to be associated with us, go to http://www.schoolforge.net/logos and
choose one. Copy it to your site, place it prominently, and then link it to
http://www.schoolforge.net.

Fifth, post links to plans and accomplishments of your group on
http://news.schoolforge.net. Create an account and we'll give you story-editing
rights.

Best wishes,

David Bucknell
On behalf of Schoolforge Members

Name: SchoolForge UK
to be more focussed on the specific UK needs - all new case studies, resources,
applications, etc. will still make it to SchoolForge and SEUL!
Contact: Chris Puttick
Contact email:chris@centralmanclc.com

--
http://www.iteachnet.org