[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [school-discuss] Mandrake and Conectiva (was: Linux Desktop Reviews II)
- To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Mandrake and Conectiva (was: Linux Desktop Reviews II)
- From: Leon Brooks <leon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:48:14 +0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:52:05 -0400
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Organization: CyberKnights - modern tools, traditional dedication
- References: <1111417703.32314.39.camel@Powerspec.workgroup> <20050323010725.GB9153@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: KMail/1.7.2
On Wednesday 23 March 2005 15:48, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Mandrake have done a fairly impressive job with URPMI, and are already
> changing a broad range of policies to take aboard Conectiva ideas, so
> I'd say that the future looks fairly bright there. Modulo a new
> cartooney boot screen currently being shouted down in the Cooker list.
Urgh. They shipped it. <thwack!> Even the favourable review that their own
email bulletin links to (http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/639) derides it.
I call it the Stoned Penguin Edition.