Re: [school-discuss] Cost comparisons for Linux vs. Windows

* Leon Brooks <leon@brooks.fdns.net> [020814 23:02]:
> It's worth noting that the BSA has the right to *perform* audits themselves,
> IIRC they don't have the right to force *you* to do the audit or charge *you*
> for doing it. They're paid enough already anyway. So if they mail you, write
> back to say `OK, when did you want to send your people in to do the audit?'
> and see what the response is.

I've heard there's a gotcha there too, though.  If they find even ONE
piece of unlicensed software, YOU have to pay for the audit.  Which
could be a lot more than you would pay your own people to perform one.

The only really decent answer is to get MS-free ASAP.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          corocom@btl.net
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz