Re: [school-discuss] Cost comparisons for Linux vs. Windows - retailprices

Jon Adam wrote:
<snip>
>I will say this.  The children that we have given computers to with
linux on
>them, love it.  We have had a couple of tech calls, but for the most
part,
>these kids are picking up linux and running these computers very
well.

>Jon

I agree! Non-technical adults tend to be leery of change no matter
what, but in my [inner city high school] classroom over the last 2
years I found that kids have a ZERO learning curve in switching from
Windows to a Linux GUI such as gnome or KDE. Give them a logon ID and
they're off to the races.
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com
http://www.originsweb.info