Re: [school-discuss] Some questions about OSS in education:

On 14 Aug 2004 at 16:50, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> > Why? Everyone here can get a copy of Windows* for $3 down the street.
> > There we can also get music CDs and VCDs.
> > ShrekII is there but it costs only $1.
>
> Does that shop sell pirated material?  If so, you're risking the legal
> wrath of Microsoft, something that has been felt by at least one school
> district in the U.S. (not sure how much of a threat that would be to a
> Latin American school district; probably big but I can't be sure).

Yes "pirated". One school district in the US is very, very far way
from a school in Ecuador. It's said that about 80% of the Microsoft
software used in this country is "pirated". That includes the
government.

BTW, Why doesn't Stallman like the the word "pirate" applied
to software?

Daniel