Re: [school-discuss] FOSS WinXP FTP Software

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 14:47, Joel Kahn wrote:

> I'm looking for a FOSS FTP program that has a decent
> Windows version (I'm using WinXP Pro).

If you're running windows then you should know that IE can ftp to and from a
server with simple click and drag interface.  Directories on the server
appear as folders and open as windows to and from which you can drag files
and folders from and to the local folders.  I created a short tutorial for my
html students (specific to their student accounts, but you can grok the main
ideas from it).  It appears at:

http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/c6009/FTPrimer/

Sorry it's a non-foss solution, but it's already built in and practical.  On
the foss-side, Konquerer (KDE interface runs on windows using Cygwin) does it
too (and most likely more securely).

But then KDE on linux is even better.  I hope this message is now fossified
enough to compensate for the WinXp suggestion.

cheers
--
bb