Re: [school-discuss] Math practice?

William Fragakis wrote:
Hello all,
Our K-5 school would love to find a FOSS equivalent to applications that
test math facts and track student progress. We presently use a
proprietary application, Accelerated Math, that is quite cumbersome
(and, imho, poorly implemented). Its virtue is that it produces exams
based on previous student performance and penalizes guessing. It has not
provided us with good value for the money.

What about gCompris? http://gcompris.net/-About-GCompris- I have no doubt it can do the testing. I don't know about the progress tracking. But I do know that Bruno is very helpful. If there isn't already a module for gCompris to do what you want I'm sure one can be developed fairly easily.

Doug Loss