Re: [school-discuss] SFU - MS Services for Unix & idle speculations....

lee rodgers <sregdoreel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I remember MS had announced they were dropping posix support,
> but funny how things come full circle.... MS bought Interix & turned
> around and sells it as SFU.

errata: MS gives SFU away for free, they don't sell it (well, not directly.... ;-).

It's free to download & use, apparently the shell script environment is fully compatible with *nix, including *nix style paths (not c:\ but /usr/bin ... I don't know how you mount c as root, but seems reasonable... ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interix
http://www.interopsystems.com/tools/warehouse.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=896C9688-601B-44F1-81A4-02878FF11778&displaylang=en
/lee