Re: [school-discuss] edu publishing tool

plone would require you to own and manage a we server. plone is very powerful but requires some expertise. although it is one of my favorites, there are many other free CMSs available, such as Drupal, Joomla and XWiki.

a low-cost alternative would be to use a free hosted wiki or blog, such as:
sites.google.com
pbwiki.com
wikispaces.com
edublogs.com
wordpress.com

generally, blogs are easier to set up and manage, but wikis have more features such as flexible site structure, attachments, embedded media & gadgets.

finally, if you want to allow social interaction around the materials, you might want to consider ning.com

 Yishay Mor, Researcher, London Knowledge Lab
  http://www.lkl.ac.uk/people/mor.html
  http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src="">
  +44-20-72789524