[school-discuss] Non-Profit Organizations &c

For whatever this may be worth.....

The Free Software Foundation has had tax-exempt organization status for some time:

http://www.fsf.org/about/financial

The FSF is listed as one of the non-profits working with Goodsearch:

http://www.goodsearch.com/ ;

Goodsearch has been my primary search engine for some time, and the FSF is the charity my searches help.

I don't know whether it would be a good idea for SchoolForge to attempt to join with the FSF entirely, to build some kind of indirect relationship with the FSF (which might or might not help with the financial issues), or to go in a completely different direction. As many of you know, Richard Stallman's gang constitutes the hard core of Free/Libre Software purists, and my reading of SchoolForge is that many of us (including me) are not such sticklers.

Anyway, I wanted to throw this stuff in as part of the overall discussion.

Joel
###