[school-discuss] Privacy policy for Tux Paint; ideas?

Hi all, I'm Bill, lead developer (in snooze mode ATM),
website maintainer, and main 'support' contact for Tux Paint,
the open source drawing program for young kids
(http://www.tuxpaint.org/)

In the past month or two, I've had at least two teachers,
and one person from an "internet safety" company, ask about
Tux Paint in regards to privacy, user-identifiable information,
etc.  (I don't think in the previous 12 years I had ever been
asked; I guess some laws changed in the US this year?)

As Tux Paint is a completely offline program, with no network
capabilities at this time -- at least in the Desktop version
(other Tux Paint devs, remind me: what do the Android and iOS
versions do, if anything, online?) -- and as the tuxpaint.org
website does not have any kind of user accounting (login, forums,
cloud storage, etc.), this has never seemed necessary. [*]

However, it seems that, at the very least, it'd be helpful for ME to
have a "privacy policy" page on our site that I can direct teachers
and school IT folks to, rather than have to reply individually each
time... or worse yet, fill-out/sign/scan/email strange government
forms that ask questions that are almost entirely moot. :)

Does anyone out here have experience putting a privacy policy
together, a link you can throw me to some 'best practices',
or other relevant guidance?

Thanks in advance!

[*] There are these mailing lists, managed by SourceForge.net,
    the IRC channel, which lives on FreeNode, and the
    Facebook Group and Page, which live on Facebook -- and
    all of which I currently manage.

    They are outside the scope of Tux Paint itself, but I suppose on
    whatever 'privacy policy' page/document that I come up with, it'd
    make sense to (at the least) link to each service's relevant
    privacy policy page.

Note: Sending this to tuxpaint's dev list, SchoolForge discussion list,
and Software in the Public Interest's general discussion list.

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer