Re: [school-discuss] Press Release for Last Comments/Changes/Additions

David,

You forgot to mention General Education Online's accomplishment of over
200% growth for Jan 2002.

-- Begin original posting --
(Terminology used explained below January 2002)
January 2001
------------
Non-Unique Hits - 65,974
Unique Hits - 17,748
Files - 52,750
Total KB - 976,649

January 2002
------------
Non-Unique Hits - 209,993
Unique Hits - 44,558
Files - 177,500
Total KB - 2,971,412

Terminology
-----------
Non-Unique Hits:  These count multiple web hits from the same IP address
during the same day -- Therefore if someone hits the website 100 times
during the same day, all 100 hits count for this category.  This is roughly
equivalent to the total number of lines in the access_log file for the month.

Unique Hits:  These count a single web hit from a single IP address per
day.  These totals are closer to the actual number of visitors for the
month.  The same IP can visit multiple times during the month (ie, they
could visit all 31 days of the month, and all 31 visits would count).

Files:  The total number of files downloaded for the month.

Total KB:  The bandwidth utilized by visitors to the website.

Michael

At 07:49 AM 02/05/2002 +0700, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 05 February 2002 06:15, you wrote:
>Thanks, Michael. Want to make those numbers specific?
>
>At any rate, I'll be sure to include it.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>David
-- End Original posting --

At 05:27 AM 02/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks to those who sent changes and suggestions. I think I used them _all_!
>I suggest that by this time tomorrow, we try to ship it to the translators
and
>get it out by ... whenever you think you can do it ;-)
>
>David
>==
>

>***SCHOOLFORGE PRESS RELEASE***
>
>[http://schoolforge.net February, 2002]
>
>SchoolForge, a coalition of organizations supporting free and open resources
>in education has nearly fifty members (48).
>
>SCHOOLFORGE NEWS:
>*Coalition Grows; Begins Work on Open Standard for Educational Resources
>
>In its first month of operation, Schoolforge's membership grew from 31
>organizations at its January 8 launch to 47 organizations by month's end.
>Located in Asia, Africa, The Americas and Europe, these new members share
our
>common vision of free and open resources in education.
>
>Members have begun work on Schoolforge's first project, EduML, an
XML-based open

http://k12ltsp.org/press.html

http://www.mimerdesk.org/community/engine.html?page=31

>LATEST MEMBERS
>
>These groups joined us in January of 2002:
>
>*OpenSchooling [US]: The OpenSchooling project has the goal of providing
>FDL'd (released under the Free Documentation License) curriculum that
meets the
>standards set out by each country, state, province, etc. for all subjects and
>electives. Both Web browser-based and
>printable versions of the curriculum will be made available. Schools and
>publishers can make books for sale and use. (http://openschooling.org)
>
>*Northwest Educational Service District 189 [US]: NESD 189 is a regional
k-12
>service center for regional districts in [ where? ], and which also develops
>Web-based tools for education using GNU tools. (http://www.esd189.org)
>
>TEFL China Teahouse [China]: This organization's purpose is to help teachers
>create open resource teaching materials that offer them the same
advantages that
>open source software has
>provided IT professionals. (http://teflchina.com)
>
>Lone Jack C-6 Schools [US]: Public k-12 Institution using Linux as its
>primary server operating system and for terminals in labs and classrooms.
>[http://blue.ljc6k.k12.mo.us]
>
>GnuSkole [Denmark]: Goal is to promote the use of open source software in
the
>Danish primary school system by publishing documentation, finding and
>translating educational software, and holding a discussion forum for
teachers
>and system administrators at schools. [http://www.gnuskole.dk]
>
>Goa Schools Computers Porject [India]: Equipping schools in Goa with
computer
>labs, this project aims to help bridge the digital divide by means of free
and
>open resources. (http://www.goasudharop.org/gscp)
>
>Linuxlab.org.za [South Africa]: Open source schools advocacy group in South
>Africa. (http://linuxlab.org.za)
>
>Globewide Network Academy [US]: Collects information about distance learning
>from various sources and publishes an open source database.
>(http://www.gnacademy.org)
>
>Regional Institute for Scholastic Excellence [US]: RISE is a group of
Illinois