Re: [school-discuss] what pieces of software would you demo to K-12teachers ?

Marilyn Hagle wrote:
Hello,

I am a K-12 teacher person.

I have seen OpenOffice, The Gimp, Moziilla, and all of the Knoppix
flavor CDs mentioned.  I use the former in class and send the CDs home
with the kids.  They are wonderful.

I also want to mention LyX - which is such a great writing tool and very
easy to use.
I'm a big LyX fan, but this is the first time I've seen it being used in a K-12 context rather than in universities (where LaTeX is popular in maths and hard sciences). How do students and teachers react to LyX?

Robin

--
"Caesar non supra grammaticos." - Suetonius

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533