[school-discuss] Digital Art

You can decide how on-topic or off-topic this is....

In an art-related Linkedin group, a war is raging between those who like digital art and some really die-hard machine-hating artistic traditionalists. One of the more extreme Luddites posted this priceless gem:

"'Digital art' is not 'ART' period!!! And I am sorry to say this, but digital artists are not true artists. They don't go through all the suffering, happiness, joy, and everything in between that the real artists go through when they are creating a work of art. Digital artists just play with the new toy called 'computer' and for this nobody needs any talent; the computer is doing their work for them."

I have never seen anything so inspiring for digital artists. I encourage everyone to spread this around as much as possible; the statement really deserves to go viral big-time. I believe that teachers especially should discuss this in great depth with their students and with each other.

Joel

###