Re: [school-discuss] Open Source projects ported to Android

Python cross-platform development framework Kivy may be interesting for you:

https://kivy.org/

Especially keeping in mind the growing popularity of the Python
language in educational practice as a language with a very low entry
barrier.

> I've been looking into using the NDK and a standalone compiler
> toolchain to port Open Source applications to Android.  I found out a
> few interesting things.  It's really hard to find good documentation
> on the subject.  There are some interesting Open Source projects that
> involve Android.
>
> More details are available here:
> https://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org/7297.html
> You can run common Open Source command line and console programs on
> Android using a terminal emulator app.  There are some interesting
> projects that are porting SDL and Allegro based apps.
>
> If you have other references you'd recommend on porting Open Source
> applications to Android, using Open Source programs with Android or on
> the Android NDK in general, please let me know.  Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura
> http://www.distasis.com/cpp
> ###
> To unsubscribe from the schoolforge-discuss mailing list:
> Send an e-mail message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no subject
> and a body of "unsubscribe schoolforge-discuss"
###