Re: [school-discuss] ZIS Server (was: Project Proposal)

Tonnesen Steve wrote:

>As far as demand goes, don't forget
>that this machine isn't actually _generating_ any of this data, it is just
>passing messages back and forth between other applications.  I don't
>suspect that speed of the ZIS server is going to be as critical as you
>might think.

So based on this message and the one where you detail SIF messages, a
server merely acts as a gatekeeper - when a request comes in from app A,
the server checks it's registrations to see which app provides that
info. If app B is registered as the provider, does this mean that the
server merely tells app A where to find the info, or does the server
request the data from app B and then resend it to app A?

--