Re: [school-discuss] SIF - A second glance

Teemu wrote:

> I think it is a good idea to create an OPEN standard. I don't like the fact
> that you have to be a paid member of SIIA if you want to affect the specs.
> The same thing is with IMS standards, to participate in a working group you
> have to pay $5000. How stupid, what an open standard is that?

Does anyone know how SIF and IMS relate to each other?  Bruno and I looked at IMS
some years ago too, and concluded that it was much to bureaucratic to ever
actually come up with anything usable.  But if these two flawed bureaucracies
compete with each other for "market share," it may be much easier for whatever we
do to be accepted.