Re: [school-discuss] EduML/SIF/IMS discussions

Bruno Vernier wrote:

> p.s. of course I don't mind switching to a smaller list (hopefully not just
> Steve and I) ... it is just that in years of doing this, I find the main
> problem is that we hardly have a chance to establish a practical
> conversation before (i feel like) we get shoo-shoo-ed into a corner of the
> room for nerds.  This stuff is too important to be left only in the hands of
> apparent experts; I want to help empower all of us with the right attitude
> and approach.

Your point is well-taken, Bruno.  I didn't want to shoo you off so much
as to make sure the conversation doesn't get submerged by a large amount
of other messages.  How about if we pick a specific tag that we all use
in the subject of messages about this stuff so it's easy to find those
threads?  That way, people whose eyes cross when we get talking
technical can glance over them and continue on, while those of us who
are avidly following the discussion can easily do so.  I propose we put
"EduML" in the subject of every message that deals with data interchange
formats.  How's that?

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--