Re: [school-discuss] introduction to the solar system

On 2003-01-03 19:14:41 +0100 Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin@free.fr> wrote:

Instead of recompiling everything, you can you the freeduc CD which as
all the best education software in. More, you don't need to install at
all !!!
http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html

Bruno.
And don't forget the SEUL/edu ISO project <http://www.seul.org/edu/iso.html>, which will be producing something similar to what Brett asked for also. I'm working on it today (I'm home from work being snowed in by a ~20-30 cm. snowstorm). Let me put in yet another request for teachers and other education-affiliated people to help us on the ISO project by doing some Phase 1 reviews! You'll find instructions on how to do them at the website. It's easy!

Also, you may want to look at <http://richtech.ca/cgi-bin/seul/seulvw.pl?category=Astronomy>, the Astronomy category listing for the SEUL/edu Application Index. It has listings for 22 astronomy programs for Linux, including Celestia.

--
How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain