[school-discuss] Celestia being considered for schoolforge & Simple End User Linux/EDU,but speed's a problem!

Dear Mr. Laurel,
recently i began working with the SEUL(SimpleEndUserLinux) group, which is the most-likely-to-succeed educational linux distribution (i think and hope). My first post to their group was to point out the existence of celestia.

People were impressed, as i continue to be. Now they are evaluating various packages for suitability of inclusion in their distribution.
People are saying that celestia runs slow on their machines. It also
is sticky on my 1 GHz laptop w/384 M of ram. They are suggesting that
it might not be suitable for schools.

Personally, i regard your software as the pinacle of software evolution.
That is, the ultimate software has now been written. It quickly gave my
2 children an excellent perspective on how things work. It would be very
unfortunate for your software not to be included in this distribution.
Is there anything you can do? Version 1.2.5 is sticky on most everyones
Linux machines. Personally, i'm running Mandrake 9.0 with the above hardware. Compilation was smooth. Thanks for considering this,

Sincerly appreciative of your efforts,
Charlie Cosse