Re: [school-discuss] Anyone in the Dallas, TX area??

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Marilyn Hagle wrote:

> I would like to organize a small (depending on the response) Linux in
> Education conference this spring in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, USA
> area.

I don't know about the location or time, but the idea is sure a good one.

The Open Source Education Foundation board of directors has been tossing
around the idea for about three years, and we would probably be interested
in trying to help put it together, if not coordinate the event.

Another possible location is Tucson AZ, our home office, since hotels and
resorts are very cheap in the summer, when educators have time available.

> Anybody interested?

Yes, though this year, I think that working together, so that as many
people as possible can attend LECC would better serve the communities
purpose, and we can start planning a confernce for next year.

> I teach Computer Animation and Keyboarding in a lab running Mandrake 9.0
> in Grand Prairie.  This is my fifth year to use Linux in the classroom.

Good to hear it.  We have 5th graders who started school in Kindergarden
that have never touched a Microsoft OS, with the exception of district
manadated testing software.  GNU/Linux on the desktop since 1997.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)