[school-discuss] The London Pedagogy Planner

For the last few months I've been involved in the development of an open-source tool aimed at teachers in higher education (although probably would serve any other sector just as well). The London Pedagogy Planner is a tool for planning courses, or any other unit of educational activity. It is not a design tool, in the sense that LAMS is, and not an authoring tool for learning resources or learning objects. In the future, it will integrae with these. It intends to fill a gap between them: assist teachers in managing the overall structure of their courses, mapping aims to topics to outcomes, and managing resources - human and others.

It is far from a mature product, in fact, its still a few months away from a 1.0 release. But hey, release early, release often, right?

So here it is:
http://code.google.com/p/londonpedagogyplanner/

I would recomend lpp-523.zipif you want to try it out.

There's also a mailing list if you want to be notified of future releases:
http://groups.google.com/group/lpp-interest

And needless to say, any help will be appriciated.

cheers,

- Yishay

--
  Yishay Mor, Researcher, London Knowledge Lab