Re: [school-discuss] Suggest Links for Blackout Page

No, SOPA is not dead.  There is discussion now on how to mod SOPA and all of it's illegitimate kin.  What happened was Eric Cantor said he would not advance it.

IRL that means nothing.

Bernie Madoff has as much believability as a politician.  Or is it the other way around?  Matters not as long as they get the money, with no show-

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Jim Jütte <jimjutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did I miss something... didn't Obama kill SOPA yesterday?

Jim, BSc, BA, BEd, MBA, MA
VE3JNJ

"There is no mountain too high or ocean too deep where we should not go for children."
Cycling for Children - 2001 (12,000 kms of road and thousands of friends for one child)

From: Bill Ries-Knight <steelhoof@xxxxxxxxx>
To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:55:37 AM
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Suggest Links for Blackout Page

I have the default page here already .. it is provided by the Stop SOPA people and can be modded with simple edits and even used with a forward to appear for only a few seconds to a minute and forward to the normal page if desired.

The directions are...

Thank you for signing up to join the SOPA strike on Wendsenday. It's going to be huge. We've put together a strike page for you to use on your site. Can you help us test? If you can, please try now and send us an email if you run into any issues.
The page is here ::
http://sopastrike.com/strike
Please try replacing a page on your site or in a staging area with the html for that page. We also have _javascript_ that you can add to have the strike page block out your site automatically between the hours of 8 a.m. ET and 8 p.m. ET. Full details on how to strike here ::
http://sopastrike.com/#how-to-strike
Thanks again for joining us for this monumental day of action. With sites like Wikipedia, Reddit, and Wordpress already on board, it is guaranteed to have a big impact.
-Donny
Fight for the Future
Bill