Re: [school-discuss] Modified-nice Blackout page on Schoolforge.net is Live

For many sites, strike is from 8 am to 8 pm. Some sites are using a
javascript that doesn't kick in until then.

Google has blacked out its logo and added link for info.
Wikipedia is blacked out.

Co-founder of reddit put it very well: An issue as significant as the
budget deficit and Congress can't get its act together. Lubricate things
with $94 million in lobbying and both sides of the aisle line up in lock
step.

For those on facebook/google +/twitter,  update your status or tweet.

Regards,
William Fragakis

On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 07:06 -0500, LM wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM, David Bucknell
> <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Thanks to Justin's partioning of the front page, it doesn't
>         modify the whole front page -- in fact you could ignore it
>         (which is unfortunate).
>
> Not that I want to ignore it, but I'm not seeing it.  Tried IE 8,
> Firefox and Chrome.
>
> I checked a lot of the mailing lists I'm on yesterday and none of them
> were talking about the SOPA/PIPA legislation or the strike.  I posted
> to a couple of Linux lists and a web developers list about it to ask
> if anyone was getting involved in it and haven't heard anything back
> yet.  I did hear the strike mentioned on the radio today but only on
> NPR and in conjunction with that they mentioned that they along with a
> couple of other groups were offering a service via Twitter to make up
> for the wikipedia blockage today.  Kind of sounds more like strike
> breaking rather than helping the strike.  Hope sites like Google,
> Wikipedia, Creative Commons and FSF are having some luck today in
> getting the message out.
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura

###