    Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:08:21 -0500
    From: Bryant Patten <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Resilient Education and Schoolforge. What's your take on this?
      To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So here are my two suggestions for projects we could pursue:

1) Create materials that help classroom teachers engage students in participating in and contributing to Open Source projects (literature, websites, project liaisons, etc)

2) Create materials that help classroom teachers expose students to the emerging Open Hardware and Open Data movements.  These seem to be where Open Source software was 5 years ago.  I think these will come to be as powerful as FOSS  and yet most educators seem unaware of their potential in the class room.

Thanks for your patience and attention.

Bryant
*********
www.ncose.org