Re: [school-discuss] project idea: open source text books

> We are in the midst of building an open source platform to allow for the authoring, remixing, and redistributing of open content.

This sounds like a great framework for the kind of thing I'd love to see (which I just a moment ago described as follows:)

An evolving project, involving a lot of authors and semi-managed by a small committee of leads (who would decide what the official release includes and how it's organized), but with the explicit understanding that individual users can modify the official release, adding or removing pieces of text from the common pool, as suits them.###