Re: [school-discuss] Typing Tutors - cross-platform and good?

On Saturday 27 July 2002 17:07, David Bucknell wrote:
> I've been looking at the Free Software typing tutors on Seul/edu's app list
> in hopes of recommending them to a school, but haven't found one that is
> cross-platform for those that still need wintel. Besides, I haven't found
> one that is far enough along so that you don't have to write your own
> lessons. Any good experiences out there with a particular app? Please let us
> know.

Hi David,

You might contact Håvard Frøiland (haavard@users.sourceforge.net), the
developer of KTouch (part of the KDE Educational module).  KTouch being a KDE
application is based on Qt and as such it might be possible with a little
work to backport it work on Windows (linking to the "free" Qt for Windows).
You would need Håvard's permission to do that linking (since that's
intentionally a lowercase "free").

Anyway, could be fruitful.

Cheers,

-Scott

--
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes."