[school-discuss] Learning Objects

I am working on a research project to explore how classroom teachers use
learning objects.  While I can find lots of research on definitions of learning
objects, metadata for them and their reuse, the literature does not have any
descriptions of implementations.

I would like feedback on the following questions.

Do you know of any published research describing how teachers use learning
objects?
Do you know of a listserv, newsgroup or journal that reports on this field?  If
so would you share the address with me?