Re: [school-discuss] LTSP and school-provided networks on same physical infrastructure

Thanks for the distinction Doug, typing in a hurry always gets me...I'll make sure that's clear on the slide that I present to them.

This group has been an incredible resource, I think it would not have been possible for us to consider moving to K12LTSP in a major way (other than just setting up the computer lab with it) without such a resource. Thanks to all for making it possible.

Regards,
Daniel

At 05:33 PM 7/3/2005, you wrote:
On 7/3/05, Daniel Howard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         We meet with district IT personnel in a few weeks, it will be
>         interesting
>         to hear their take on the VPN proposal, as well as the whole
>         Linux
>         business.

It doesn't change anything, but just in the interest of accuracy, what
was proposed wasn't VPNs (virtual private networks), but VLAN trunking,
running separate virtual LANs over the same wire.  Both of these
technologies are vastly useful in education, but they are also quite
different things.

--
Doug Loss              Unquestionably, there is progress.
drloss@xxxxxxxxxx      The average American pays out twice

Daniel Howard
President and CEO
Quadrock Communications, Inc