Re: [school-discuss] NETS (Nat'l Edu. Tech. Standards) lesson plans for OSS edu software?

Bill:

The NECC (National Educational Computing Conference) that is held
annually, and that has for the last few years supported and Open
Source / Linux lab, is run by ISTE.  Paul Nelson from the K12 list has
typically organized the efforts at that show, and asked me to help
this for this summers show in Philadelphia, since he was unavailable.

The director of ISTE was actively involved in the coordinating of the
Open Source area, and has been super helpful.  The sessions that they
held on Moodle this year had to be closed off each session because
there were more who wanted to attend than were able to.  I don't know
how many members ISTE has, but over 16,000 attended the show.

I'm hoping to work with them again this next summer in San Diego, and
would be glad to open a dialogue on NETS.  I'm currently working on
their application form to form a SIG (special interest group) for Open
Source.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon