[school-discuss] Re: Jeannie Lane Foundation

Charles Cossé wrote:

>But first schoolforge would need to have a
>mission which includes something that requires
>money, no?  It certainly could, but I don't
>think that it currently does.

When I proposed the idea of some kind of
relationship between SchoolForge and the Jeannie
Lane Foundation, I was not thinking specifically
of SchoolForge asking the foundation for money;
that might not be worthwhile in the short term
for a variety of reasons, including the one that
Charles mentioned in his posting.

Instead, I'm thinking about SchoolForge building
some broad and informal ties with the people at
the Foundation and using these connections for
furthering FLOSS evangelism. Look out for some
creative ways that SchoolForge and the foundation
can help each other out; the activities may or may
not involve money, directly or indirectly. Who
knows--instead of SchoolForge asking the foundation
for funds, SchoolForge might actually help the
foundation with its own fund-raising efforts,
which certainly can't hurt the FLOSS community
in terms of increasing goodwill &c. . . .

Joel