Re: [school-discuss] Cheap Linux Tablet From India

I have yet to find the specs on the Indian designed tablet.... Âalso from India check out the ÂNotion Ink Adam Tablet... Âhttp://www.slashgear.com/notion-ink-adam-hands-on-0969281/ÂÂ this one has not been priced yet but it has the best specs I have yet to see... Â Pixel Qi display so it is not only lower wattage but also readable in sunlight.... Â Â plenty of ports and uses a Tegra 2 Â1ghz cpu...

Also look at the Marvel Mobi which hopes to go for $99 Â Âhttp://armdevices.net/2010/03/18/marvell-announces-99-moby-tablet-to-revolutionize-education/

We'd have to see a bill of parts on the Indian $35 tablet to guess its capabilities. ÂI always remainÂskepticalÂtill I see it up close and personal.

Cheers
Tim
j. Tim Denny, Ph.D.Â
ÂConsultant - International Development, Education and ICT
 Upper Secondary and Professional Teacher Development Project - Vietnam
 SKYPE - jtdenny  Googletalk - denny.jt
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny
https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/id130765695
"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue."
Gilbert Chesterton (1874-1936)ÂEnglish writer