[school-discuss] libvorbis being replaced

I'm subscribed to the libvorbis mailing list and I found it
interesting when someone recently posted that libvorbis was a dead
project and that opus was the future.  I still see lots of software
and several web sites using ogg vorbis.  The Opus FAQ says it should
replace vorbis and speex.  Are developers and users generally aware of
this situation?  It was certainly news to me.  Are you seeing
people/programs switching to using opus instead of ogg vorbis and/or
speex?

I'm in the middle of updating some software from SDL to SDL2.  Am
wondering if I should look into updating the audio file formats with
these applications as well.
###