[school-discuss] Linux in education reports--passing the baton (I hope)

Folks, the Linux in education reports (I'm going to miss my self-imposed Monday deadline this week) are nearing the 100th report mark. That will mean nearly four years worth of reports. I find that it's time for me to pass the baton to someone else to create and disseminate these reports. I've been having a gradually increasingly hard time getting them out on time, and frankly I think my voice is becoming a bit stale after so long at it. I think our communities would be better served if someone else would take on the responsibility for doing them.

I'll be glad to explain just what I do to create and disseminate them every two weeks; it's not much of a chore. It takes me perhaps 1-2 hours to write a report, post it to the SEUL/edu server, and alert all the places I normally tell about it of the existence of a new report.

Karl Peņa has been very helpful in writing the reports when I've been unable to do so, but I can't just drop this in his lap. So I'm asking for someone to volunteer (perhaps more than one someone, so the load can be lessened even more) to take up this responsibility. If you would like to contribute something back to the Linux (and Linux in education) community, are a good writer, and don't feel that your software or hardware skills would be in great demand ( :-) ), this may be just your opportunity! Please feel free to contact me either privately or on one or another of the mailing lists I'm sending this to. Thanks for your continued support, folks, and please step up to help!

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain