Re: [school-discuss] CVS vs wiki for book collaberation

"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:

> CVS is better suited than a wiki for projects which have
> something other than a wiki/web page final product.

On a related note, CVS would be an ideal backend for a wiki.  Users
would be able to work both offline (through their editor and CVS
client) and online (through their browsers).

Unfortunately, the only wiki who uses CVS as a backend (CVwiki, IIRC)
appears to do some extra bookkeeping in the backstage which doesn't
allow users to write to the CVS repository (and still have things
work, that is).

(Now don't tell me to write it, it's already on my todo list, the
problem as usual is that lots of other things are on it too...)

Massimiliano