Re: [school-discuss] CVS vs wiki for book collaberation

>Cool.  Do you mean that you can check out the whole wiki or part of it
>with the CVS client, work on it with an editor, then merge changes
>back into the repository with the CVS client?

I didn't feel competent enough to anwser this myself, so I forwarded the
messege on to TinyWiki creator extrodinaire, Scott:

Yes - this is exactly what I do. I usually use "vi" when editing
pages. This keeps me from noticing bugs, because I look at the
original documents, not the rendered versions - other people usually
have to report them to me. And Wiki's markup language is great
for for editing in a normal text editor (not that vi is normal) -
the markup is very unobtrustive.

Re: checking out part of it, I know some Wikis have sub-pages and
other things like that. TinyWiki has no such. You check out the
entire repository or a single file. cvs update, cvs diff, cvs
tag, etc all work as expected. I periodically tag my repository.

TinyWiki isn't for everyone - some Wikis have awesome feature sets.
I try to add features that don't move too far away from the idea of
smallness,
usually as seperate optional scripts, so feel free to suggest ideas or point
to me things that are missing.

I hope this helps!

-scott