Re: [school-discuss] English teacher apps

Ben Armstrong wrote:
On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 19:17, robin wrote:

I've just updated that program for comparing texts to the Academic Word List. Changes:

1. No longer attempts to deal with HTML files - I'm putting this off for a while.

This certainly isn't the most efficient or elegant way to handle it, but
what about filtering the html through lynx -dump -nolist?  Otherwise,
HTML::Parser, I guess (libwww-perl).
Is there any way I can do the lynx trick without having to save the uploaded file and open it again? It doesn't work if I just apply it to a string.

Anyway, I've had fun playing with it.  Nice work!
Glad you liked it.

Robin

--
"I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art."
Dawn - BtVS

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi