Re: [school-discuss] my puzzle about OSS in education

Daniel Howard wrote:

Speaking of which, we also want to try out OpenWorkbench, and the cost of MS Project certainly underscores Rob's point; we could never afford to put Project on all school PCs and most parents probably couldn't afford it either. Don't know how good this will be for elementary students, so is anyone aware of an OSS project/planning application for young people? Also, it doesn't seem to run in Linux (of all things!) Does anyone know of a Linux Project OSS application that they like?

Daniel

Thanks for the kind words.

Have you looked at MrProject ( http://mrproject.codefactory.se/ )? It's a bit basic and hasn't been updated for a couple years.

There's a list at http://proj.chbs.dk/

--
Robert G. Rittenhouse      * Computer Science Dept,
McMurry University         * rob@xxxxxxxxxxx