Re: [school-discuss] Re: So.Di.Linux

Karsten M. Self ha scritto:
on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 02:30:00PM +0100, Yishay Mor (y.mor@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Just came across this. Anyone know about it?

http://www.itd.cnr.it/SoDiLinux/menuprincipale.htm

Consider posting a sentence or two of context, particularly when
directing to a page written in a language other than that a list
primarially uses.

My read is that this is something Italian, technical, and conceivably
GNU/Linux-related.

So.Di.Linux (Didactic Software Linux) is a knoppix like distribution made for italian school, by the Didactic Technologies Institute of Italian National Research Council (ITD-CNR) of Genoa. We put into it all the didactic software made for GNU/Linux (that we had found by internet) under GPL like license, equipped with a database filled with the most important informations that an italian teacher would like to know to correctly choose the needed software. Using this distribution a sperimentation started last year in many of our schools. In these days we are making the third cd of three cdroms that will be available in next days for use in the next year of school. SoDilinux database is italian related but not all the software in it is in italian language...so if you want to use Sodilinux to make a linux distribution for your schools, you are free to use it. I hope our work to approach italian teachers to didactic free software will be appreciated. The critics will be appreciated:-) Cheers,

--
Giovanni Caruso
-La vita e' una lunga lezione di umilta' - J. W. Barrie -