Re: [school-discuss] Korea brings homegrown open source to schools

On 6/23/05, Daniel Howard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Great article Doug, I forwarded this to another parent who doesn't like the
> idea of his child's elementary school moving to Linux because "Microsoft
> Office is what they'll be using when they grow up".  Along with the
> article, I noted that when I was in elementary school, we watched TV on
> US-made TVs and listened to vinyl records on US-made record players,
> neither of which exist anymore...

I love this argument!  It's the same one I hear:  won't the children
be confused if they use Linux at school and Windows at home?  How many
of our children already are using Macs in schools, and nobody seems to
complain about that!  And the kids do just fine...

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct