Re: [school-discuss] school sis

salem muftah said:
> Hello,
>
> I?m interested in knowing what does most people use for school
> administration/registration software.
>
> I will be involved in evaluating OSS solution for some schools in Canada
> and
> I would appreciate any comments on the above request and general
> recommended
>   OSS school software.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sam

Sam,

Here is a list I compliled for someone else who was interested in free
software school information system options. The last two are basically the
same thing, but one is a "fork" of the other.

I don't have experience with any of these, but do work with Online Grades,
which is free software for securely posting student grades on the internet
(see the web site in my sig).

I will be interested to see what comments anyone else has!

Sam Snow
htttp://onlinegrades.sf.net/

---

The list:

The SchoolTool Project
http://www.schooltool.org/
SchoolTool is a project to develop a common global school administration
infrastructure that is freely available under an Open Source licence.

Open Admin
http://richtech.ca/openadmin/
Open Admin for Schools is a School Administration Program. Based in Canada.

Centre
http://www.miller-group.net/
Centre is a free student information system for public and non-public
schools. Centre is a web-based, open source, student management product
with features that include student demographic info, scheduling, grade
book, attendance, report cards,eligibility, transcripts, and more.

Focus/SIS
http://www.focus-sis.org/index.php?page_id=1
Split off off the Centre software. More info about the split and impact at
http://www.focus-sis.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=14  and
http://www.focus-sis.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13 .