[school-discuss] Free computers - what software to put on them?

The Australian government is starting to roll out a free computers to schools program [1]. There are hundreds of schools eligible to receive tens of thousands of new computers, but software will not be provided.

I'm looking for ideas on how I (and fellow FOSS advocates in Australia) should go about promoting FOSS in this context.
How can we effectively reach so many principals and IT staff?
What key elements do we need to make in any representation?

--
  Rich

[1] http://www.digitaleducationrevolution.gov.au/about.htm

www.yahoo7.com.au/mail