[school-discuss] FOSS Resource Kits

Related to the Australian roll-out of computers to schools and Software Freedom Day I'm researching putting together a teacher resource kit on FOSS.

This would have the aim of educating teaching staff about FOSS, but ideally also provide some useful curriculum.

Can anyone provide guidance?

First up - is this worth pursuing?

Does any such material already exist?
What makes a resource attactive to teachers (encourages them to teach a module); and what makes such a resource effective (students learn)?
If you are a teacher what most turns you off a resource kit?
How can I frame FOSS as valuable in a curriculum?

How do I expose teaching staff to the concept of FOSS; ie. (asuming it exists) how do I get material past the gatekeepers to the teaching staff?

--
  Rich

www.yahoo7.com.au/mail