Re: [school-discuss] Schoolforge software list

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 2:17 PM Philip Carinhas <pac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. SQLAlchemy with SQLite as backend. This is lightweight and
>    probably fast enough, but it does require some familiarity with SQLAlchemy.
>
> 2. If that is too complex I recommend SphinxDoc which will output to HTML and
>    is easy to edit and maintain. It used Restructuted Text. This will be far easier
>    for others to acces but it does require that you write RST.

Thanks for the suggestions.  We're trying to avoid the need for a
database at the site.  If I want to run a database locally, I
currently have PostgreSQL and several programs to
insert/extract/manipulate records to a PostgreSQL database.  I had
already looked at pandoc, but didn't see any mention of converting
from CSV.  I'd personally prefer to avoid a Python based solution.  If
someone else wants to work on this and would prefer Python, they're
welcome to.  It's actually faster for me to work with code and
libraries in C than in Python.  Was hoping to reuse work from another
project, but I could always come up with something completely from
scratch.  Trying to find out if there's already a useful solution to
this that doesn't require a lot of work to switch over to before I
work on reinventing yet another wheel.  Thanks again.
###