Re: Schoolforge FAQ (was Re: [school-discuss] First Programming Language)

On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 12:01:33 -0500
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

> Roman Suzi wrote:
> >
> > Doug, do we have Frequently Discussed Topics on SchoolForge
> > by any chance? ;-)
> >

>  What questions seem to come up regularly?

1) "What's the best first programming language for K-12?"
2) "What's the best environment/distro for old computers?"
3) "Problems with setting up a firewall/server"

These are the kind of discussions/trolls I'd almost want to setup Gnus
to get rid of. However, I'm not sure a FAQ would be enough, unless we
systematically ask people to RTFM/not reply, which may seem very rude.

> Can we get the answers to those questions compiled so we can put up
> a web page and point people to it?

<rant>
Hum, what about OSOpinion for the first two?
</rant>

Have fun,
--
Thomas Tempé

You can fool all the people all of the time if the advertising is right
and the budget is big enough.
                -- Joseph E. Levine

PGP signature