[school-discuss] Contest in GCompris board creation

Hello all,

A few weeks ago the EPI, a French organization related to ICT in
education, released some of its oldest applications under the GPL.
Altought the source code is of no use, nor the graphics (probably code
generated), there are interesting ideas to take out of this board. I
have prepared some screenshot of the applications
(http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/epi.html). This give some idea
and materials to talk about it. Actually the games run quite smoothly
with xdosemu and freedos however it is not really up to date with the
newest technology.

A few months ago, Bruno, the author of Gcompris told me about a user
suggesting a contest on GCompris board creation should be set up, he
even proposed to donate 100 Euros.

Finaly it looks like the EPI games in one hand and the contest idea in
the other one could be linked, and the EPI game could be an excuse to
set up a contest where  the participant will have to port one EPI board
to GCompris, then the best ones would be rewarded.

Also it will be very cool to organize the event under the School Forge
umbrella (so this mail in this list), just another occasion to work
together and to strengthen our actions in the promotion of Free Software
in Education. Probably the contest idea could be extend in other domain
with the ressources of the participating members org. of SF.

Anyway we will be happy to hear about your feeling, comments or
whatever and see if we can set up something together.

Regards,

Hilaire

--
OFSET - http://www.ofset.org